Sunday, October 22, 2006

Food and new friends

On Wednesday, Kamrin, Barb and I went to Sidetracks to decorate for Boo Bash. We had a fun time and (thankfully) some of the bar patrons pitched in to help. I can't say that I was all that helpful with the decorations (I always say that I did not inherit the segment of the "gay gene" for decorating), but I did have fun with Kamrin and Barb and even got the chance to chat with a cute guy in town on business (of course he was happily coupled--as is generally my luck---but it was fun flirting nonetheless). Kamrin knew a guy there that told her about a luncheon today for HIV-Positive people at the bar. So, I went and had a really good time. I was so afraid of feeling isolated when I moved back home as an HIV+ person, but I have started to build a circle of friends here within the positive community. Anyway, the lunch was fun and hopefully I will get more "plugged in" with community.

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe --

Sounds like you had a great Sunday. glad to hear it. :)

Also glad you had fun on Wednesday. Sorry I missed it. (really I am)

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Kamrin said...

I am feeling the love for Joe!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Kamrin said...

I am feeling the love for Joe! That guy was real easy on the eyes and ears though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home