Friday, September 29, 2006

Oh Suzie-Q


Suzanne and I at my senior prom--- 1988

I got a call from a long-time friend today to tell me that she is back home in Little Rock to visit! Suzanne and I met in 1987 at Arkansas Governor's School in our Area I class (Mathematics) and we became instant friends. That summer was SO life-changing for me---besides meeting some of the most incredibly intellignet, interesting people of our age group from around the state, the program was designed to challenge our belief systems and encourage a liberated approach to perceiving the world around us. My favorite memories from AGS were hanging out with my best friends, Suzanne and Brian. As luck would have it, we all ended up attending college in Memphis, Brian and I at Rhodes and Suzanne at Christian Brothers. By another twist of fate, Suzanne and Brian both now live in Oregon with their respective families. I can't wait to see Suz when we get together on Monday and meet her kids. I will post a current pic of us and we can see how much we have changed in the past 18 years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home