Monday, August 20, 2007

Hang-over from Hell!

OK- I must admit that about twice a year, I foolishly mis-judge the amount of alchohol I can *reasonably* consume and end up paying a horrible price for my error in judgement. Today I am paying the piper. I started off the evening at Sidetracks to celebrate Jim's "anniversary" (birthday to you and me- but he says he no longer celebrates those :-) I planned on just drinking a pitcher of beer and heading home--- oh, the road to hell is paved with such good intentions. I started chatting with some guys around me who claimed their names were Carey, Terry and Larry... but since I was also dubbed "Larry" and every newcomer ended up being Mary, Barry, Gary, Sherry etc., I am not really sure what their names really were! At this point the shots started to come into the picture. I don't really know who originally had the idea, but it seemed like a good one at the time. Well, the pitcher of beer was gone so I decided to have a dirty martini, or two, or three. Meanwhile, the shots kept coming. Now, normally, I would have realized that this should have been the point that I called it a night--- but NOOOOOOO, I had to go check out Backstreet. I don't have a clue what I drank there, but I found a credit card receipt for $19 (before tip) so I guess I had 3 or 4 there as well. Like I said, my memory is a little patchy about my time at Backstreet, all I really remember chatting with DJ Moongod (what a sweetie), John Paul and his friend, Will-- who I think I remember arguing with, and Jeremy, a friend of my friend Cody Bray. Long story short, my only vivid memory occurs during the drive home when I became.....uh, *inelegant* out of the window of the van. God watches out for fools (like me) because I actually made it home safe to my bed and slept until 1 o'clock this afternoon. I keep thinking of that line from the Indigo Girls' song "Closer to fine" about waking up with the feeling of your head against a board--- only my board is pulsing. Anyway, I am going to eat something greasy and go back to bed and hope that I wake up feeling human again. Oh, and if you saw me at Sidetracks or Backstreet and I said or did anything stupid-----PLEASE, don't remind me of it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home