Monday, November 20, 2006

Giving Thanks

Today’s blog is actually a comment that I posted in response to an article on littlerockpride.com titled “It’s Thanksgiving week, let’s be grateful”

As someone that moved home to Arkansas this year I am very thankful for the community building within the GLBT community. I remember coming out here in 1992 and had no outlet to meet other gay people except for Backstreet and Discovery (not that I didn't LOVE to patronize these bars). I remember attending the first meeting of the Arkansas Gay and Lesbian Task Force that ultimately didn't go very far. I am proud to see the strides that our community has made in a little over a decade. I am thankful for this site, for our Pride groups, for the grassroot activists, GLBT political groups, our GLBT print magazines, our future leaders in our gay/straight alliances and college groups, of Kathy Webb and the hope she embodies for our community and ACLU-Arkansas and the legal victories they have won for us.

1 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Kamrin said...

I just knew that was you! I guess I had better compose one now. I am glad you are here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home