Wednesday, March 14, 2007

SB959 YouTube footage

My friend, Eric Camp, videotaped portions of the Senate Public Health, Labor and Welfare committee debate on SB959 and the subsequent debate and vote on the Senate floor. For those unable to make it to the capitol, I think this provides great insight into what we are up against.

Reprinted from Arkansas Equality Yahoo! group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArkEquality/)

"I attended and videotaped the Senate committee meeting & vote Monday, and the full Senate debate & vote Tuesday. I YouTubed the footage,and you can watch it all (in several 10 minute clips) from my myspace blog: http://blog.myspace.com/rimshot72205 or you can got to YouTube.com and use keywords "Arkansas, adopt, foster, children discrimination, law, gay, lesbian" and embed the videos anywhere you ink, if you find them useful.'

1 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog, Joe. Thanks for the commentary. I'm an Arkansan, but I haven't lived there in many years. The ties are still strong, however, so when I see things like SB959 I am all the more outraged...and embarrassed. What kind of arcane language do these bigots speak? I hope the Arkansas House has a bit more respect for humanity than the Senators. At any rate, thank you (and Eric) for keeping us up to speed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home